On behalf of the German Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief Association (DAHW), AGEH e.V. is looking for a
Country Representative (m/f), Nigeria
for its national office in Enugu, to start as soon as possible.
The German Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief Association (DAHW) has been committed to helping developing and emerging countries since 1957. As a specialized organisation, DAHW supports medical and social rehabilitation programmes that enable those affected to lead a decent life and to participate meaningfully in the community. In the course of her engagement with governments and other partners for control of leprosy, other neglected tropical diseases and tuberculosis, the organisation ensures that the rights and dignity of each individual are respected regardless of creed, gender, nationality or disability status.
As Country Representative (m/f), you will represent DAHW in Nigeria with a possible extension of the role to West Africa. At the head of a highly motivated and high-performing team, you will be responsible for the implementation of DAHW’s global strategy in the fight against leprosy, other endemic neglected tropical diseases and tuberculosis and you will ensure compliance with the global DAHW guidelines and the guidelines of other relevant sponsor organisations in the Nigerian programmes and project activities.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- You will manage and coordinate the DAHW national office in Enugu with 35 members of staff and will be responsible for a programme portfolio of up to 5 million euros.
- You will ensure the strategic, programme-related, financial and administrative compliance of all project activities with the guidelines of DAHW and other relevant sponsor organisations.
- You will be responsible for proper, transparent management in the fields of financial resource management, HR management and material and transport management.
- You will promote the continuous advancement of the management team.
- You will be involved in networking with responsible parties from other international humanitarian services, development organisations and medical organisations, and will nurture a regular dialogue and cooperation with all parties involved (e.g. EU, German embassy and other partners).
- You will be responsible for the timely and proper application for project funding.
- You will support the integration of the Nigerian offices into DAHW West Africa and its projects within the regional strategy.
- You will provide information for the fundraising of all DAHW business divisions.
- You will expand and innovate DAHW’s portfolio according to local and regional opportunities.
- You hold an university degree, preferably with a business-related specialty
- You have several years of professional experience in the field of development cooperation, ideally in a management role.
- You have sound knowledge and experience in the fields of project/programme management, administration and finance, and cooperation with organisations and government agencies, such as authorities, ministries, etc.
- You have already successfully developed, managed and implemented complex co-financed programmes in financial and administrative terms, and are familiar with the challenges involved in project management for co-financed projects with major sponsors, e.g. Global Fund, USAID, EU.
- You have experience managing professional local teams and accompanying organisational development and change processes.
- You have a very good command English. German and French would be an advantage.
What AGEH offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz) /// (for non EU/Swiss citizens in a modified form)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
- Extensive rest and recovery arrangement
We look forward to receiving your detailed application.
Please use the online application form in the Vacancies section of our website.