Mano River Cluster - Finance Manager
|Duty Station:||Freetown, Sierra Leone|
|Start of contract:||Immediate|
|Nature of the position:||Full-time|
|Duration of the contract:||2 years (with possibility for renewal)|
|Type of contract:||Fixed-term contract per the labor law of Sierra Leone|
WHO WE ARE
DAHW is an independent non-governmental organization supported by donors, volunteers and staff around the world. We collaborate with national and international players active in medical and social development co-operation and research. We form strategic alliances to achieve the best possible outcome. The entrusted funds enable us to fulfill our statutory duties in line with the principle of economy and needs-based support. We consider ourselves as a link between people who want to help and those who need help. We visualize the connection between disease and poverty so that people act with empathy and solidarity.
We assist people suffering from poverty-related diseases on a global scale. We focus on the needs of those with leprosy, tuberculosis and other socially excluding diseases and handicaps. We support medical and social relief programs that allow affected individuals to live a life in dignity and become empowered to be equally integrated into society. We conduct research in the interests of improving prevention, diagnostics and therapy, and medical, social rehabilitation for our target groups. We maintain national and international standards and encourage self-responsibility.
Our vision is a world in which no one suffers from leprosy, tuberculosis and other neglected diseases and the consequences they bring, such as physical disability and social exclusion.
We began our work in Sierra Leone in 1966 in Bombali District.
WHAT WE OFFER
The position of Finance Manager encompasses responsibilities for supporting budget design for new programs, oversight of the implementation of approved program budget, building financial capacities of partners, coordinating audits of programs across the region, financial monitoring of programs to ensure timely funding allocation, compliance with procedures, program financial reporting.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Financial Monitoring and Reporting
- Designs, generates and analyses financial reports for the donor and internal management.
- Provides program financial analysis and recommendations on spending rates, over and under-spending and pattern of expenditure.
- Reviews the monthly financial reports and follows-up on issues related to accounting function (booking on correct budget line, compliance, expenditure assessment, etc)
- Monitor and verify the month end close of DAHW projects in the sub-region
- Manage day to day financial and accounting requirements for the Mano River Cluster and other projects and be responsible for and prepare the monthly bookkeeping, ensuring that the accounting is done in a timely and accurate manner in adherence to DAHW guidelines
- Ensure compliance with financial procedures in accordance with the procedures of DAHW and donors.
- Prepares financial reports for donors for the assigned co-funding with narratives, explaining any variances to project budgets.
- Coordinates closely with the Regional Program team and the Finance team to contribute to the annual revenue recognition and audit process.
- Supports and facilitates DAHW and donor audits.
2. Budget development and technical support
- Contributes to the development of project budgets, notes and narratives for funding proposals; participates in proposal development for major co-funding.
- Provides technical guidance on budget development for new co-funding proposals.
- Ensures that proposal budget aligns with donor requirements and DAHW reporting requirements.
- Assists with the annual DAHW budget development and adaptations and updates in Winpaccs, coordinates timely submission of budgets from partners.
- Notifies partners program team of any significant budget changes that require donor approval and recommends necessary communications.
- Submits revised budgets received from partner organizations to the Regional Finance Manager.
- Maintains accurate and accessible records of uploaded budget for assigned partners.
3. Capacity Building of Partner organization
- Provides training and support as needed to different stakeholders in areas of proposal budget development, financial reporting, and compliance, and Winpaccs Software.
- University degree in accounting, commerce, business, finance or related field
- 5 years of experience in a grants finance role, preferably in a large or international NGO including experience with government, international development agencies such as United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), UK Aid or other donor agencies.
- Proven experience working on BMZ funded multi-year/multi country projects and in consortium set ups along with building sophisticated financial tracking and reporting systems.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Team player having ability to work effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, multi-project environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel.
- Financial analysis, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of French an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Diversity is one of our core organizational values. We therefore accept applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion/belief or disability.
We invite you to send us your complete application (including Resume, Cover letter and references), indicating the salary expectation, by 12th October, 2021 to email@example.com with the caption: “Application: Finance Manager, Mano River Cluster”
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.